I have provided historical research for various print, film and recorded projects. More information below!
- Technical advisor,, supplied archival material and a (very) brief appearance in the documentary RUMBLE: The Indians Who Rocked The World.
- This film has won awards at Sundance, HotDocs and the
I have also served as a consultant, supplied archival material and had a (very) brief appearance in the 2017 Sundance Award winning film, \
This incredible music documentary is available on iTunes, Amazon Prime and other streaming services. This film has won awards at Sundance, HotDocs and three Canadian Screen Awards.
Easy Eye Sound
- Found and provided master source recordings for the Link Wray "Son of Rumble" and "Vernon's Diamond" digital and vinyl releases on Dan Auerbach's Easy Eye Sound record label.
- Sourced unreleased photographs for accompanying video and picture sleeve.
- Wrote liner notes for the Link Wray EARLY RECORDINGS / GOOD ROCKIN’ TONIGHT compilation CD.
- Sourced unpublished photographs for the THREE TRACK SHACK inner CD booklet.
- Sourced an unpublished photo of Link Wray used on THE SWAN SINGLES COLLECTION CD.
- Sourced an unpublished photo of Link Wray used on the RUMBLE picture sleeve 45rpm record.
- For almost two decades, we worked to help bring this legend his overdue recognition in rock and roll history.
- Acquired content and ran the LinkWray.com website.
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nominee 2013, 2018.
- RUMBLE inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a single, 2018.
Florida Folklife Festival
- Research and archival material provided for the the Florida Folk Heritage Award presented to Sun / Chess / Vee-Jay recording artist William R. “Billy the Kid” Emerson.
- Featured speaker at Billy’s Florida Folk Heritage Award ceremony.
Billy "The Kid" Emerson / Riverline Music
- Billy “The Kid” Emerson is the earliest surviving Sun Records artist, having released his first sides over 65 years ago. Sun Records is the birthplace of rock and roll, and no other African American artist released more music on Sun than Billy.
- Billy “The Kid” Emerson’s songs have been recorded by the likes of Brian Setzer, Delbert McClinton, Jimmie Vaughan, Ann Margaret, Rod Stewart and Elvis Presley and many others.
- I am honored to have done the work for this music legend which enabled him to reacquire many of his musical copyrights.
- Kevin Smith - American Roots Musician (from Rockabilly to Willie)
- Marshall Lytle - "The First Bassman of Rock and Roll" - the original bass player for Bill Haley's Comets
- Deke Dickerson - a true musician's musician
- Link Wray and the Ray Men - Rock and Roll Pioneers
- Tom Ingram - the head honcho of the world renown rockabilly event VIVA LAS VEGAS
- The First VLV - Adventures at the very first Viva Las Vegas
- Eddie Angel - “From the Garage to the Grammys”
- Levi Dexter (of the Rockats) - “Rockabilly Idol”
- Billy Hancock - RockaBilly Hancock
- Vince Maloy - “The Southern Maryland Rockabilly Cat!”
- The Devil's Daughters - Aiming for the Top!
- Wayne “The Train” Hancock, and more!
Other efforts have been published in the following:
- NOW DIG THIS (UK)- The story behind Link Wray’s lost “Son of Rumble.”
- ACE RECORDS (UK) - Liner notes - Link Wray’s “Early Recordings / Good Rockin’ Tonight” CD. Archival material - Link Wray’s Three Track Shack CD set.
- SUNDAZED MUSIC (USA) - Archival Material - Link Wray “Rumble” Record Store Day 45rpm record.
- ROLLERCOASTER RECORDS (UK) - Archival Material - Link Wray “The Swan Singles Collection” CD.
- ROUTE 66 FEDERATION NEWS (USA) - Photography
- BIKE AND RIDER (USA) - “James Dean’s Motorcycles”
- SOUTHERN AND ROCKING MUSIC (UK) - Scene reports, photographs
- CONTINENTAL RESTYLING (UK) - Photographs
- GOAT TALES (USA)- Several articles on the Pontiac GTO
Dunn (NC) Area History Museum
- Consultation and archival material provided for the Link Wray exhibit.
Native American Music Awards
- Co-segment producer of the Link Wray induction ceremony during the 2006 NAMMY Awards.
Open all Close all